Mindfulness is defined as nonjudgmental, moment-to-moment awareness that involves attention, intention, and a kind attitude. Mindfulness practices can support trauma healing and regulation of stress, emotions, and behavior.
Notice how you feel. Take a deep breath.
- If accessible, guide your attention to how you’re feeling, physically and emotionally.
- If noticing your breath is useful, take a few moments to breathe in and out.
- Reflect on 3 things you’re grateful for.
- Try a mindfulness app (e.g., Insight Timer, UCLA Mindful, 10% Happier).
- Make prayer, meditation, and/or yoga part of your daily routine.
Source: California Surgeon General’s Playbook: Stress Relief during COVID-19